Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
This Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct signifies voluntary assumption by CTCA members of the obligation of self-discipline above and beyond the requirements of the law. Acceptance of this Code is mandatory for CTCA members. Failure to abide by the Code will serve as a basis for disciplinary action, up to and including expulsion from the Association.
- I will at all times observe the highest principles of honesty and fair practice.
- I will at all times place the interests of clients ahead of my own, and serve them with integrity, competence, and independence.
- I will assume an independent position with regard to my clients, and will provide advice which is based on impartial consideration of all pertinent facts and responsible opinions.
- I will treat all information concerning the affairs of clients, gathered during engagements for those clients, as strictly confidential.
- I will inform clients of any relationships, circumstances, or interests which might influence, or might be seen to influence, my judgement or the objectivity of my services.
- I will not accept any fee, commission, or other valuable consideration for my services, from any one other than the client by whom I am retained.
- I will accept only those engagements which I am qualified to undertake and which I believe will provide real benefits to the client.
- I will, prior to undertaking work on behalf of a client, ensure that the client has a clear understanding of the nature and scope of the work, and of the fee structure and associated costs which will apply.
- I will not serve two or more competing clients on sensitive matters without their knowledge.
- I will not permit or cause any employee or agent acting on my behalf to do anything which, if done by me, would constitute a violation of this Code.